1. You’re already okay. An okay, put together you exists right now if you believe it and claim it for yourself.
2. When you realign with God, you receive a confirmation of your placement.
3. Humor children. Answer their questions. Don’t think they can’t handle the truth.
4. Always check your heart.
5. Always pray for your students.
6. Don’t be afraid to step into what you’ve been called to do. Welcome the new opportunities.
7. Just because you don’t see what someone else sees in you doesn’t mean you won’t ever see it. It means you’re not ready for it yet.
8. Continue to compliment Papa on His Creation.
9. Wait on The Lord.
10. When you stop reading The Word, sin becomes easier to justify.
11. It’s so difficult to hear, but even in the terrible, life-altering, traumatic experiences, God was still there.
12. People come to you saying different things like “this might seem selfish…” or “this might be rude…” or “this might be mean/racist/etc.” reply with, “If you don’t want to be selfish/rude/mean/etc. then don’t be.” It really is that simple.
13. You can’t just say you need help. You have to be willing to receive it.
14. Not judging is one thing. Not compromising your beliefs is another. Know the difference.
15. You are a sweet, gentle spirit.
16. Move past theory into practice.
17. Impacting 1 child out of 30 is and will always be a victory.
18. When you wanna quit someone because you don’t understand them, don’t. Move towards them. Watch how your perspective shifts.
19. There is beauty in growth.
20. You remember The Wiz? “Home is not just a place you eat or sleep. Home is knowing. Knowing your mind. Knowing your heart. Knowing your courage. And when we know ourselves, we’re home anywhere.” Know, without doubt, exactly who you are. You are God’s special possession before you are anything else.
21. Ask others about their dreams. Listen. Match their excitement. This is something precious to them.
22. There are no bad students. There’s bad behavior.
23. When God rains, He pours.
24. Self-care ain’t all bubble baths and Netflix. Sometimes it’s paying your mortgage before your car note.
25. “Be a thermostat, not a temperature.”
26. Listen. You don’t have tinted windows. People see you dancing. So, if you can dance in your car, then you can dance at church. There’s only a mental block because you put it there.
27. Shyness sometimes comes from never wanting to be embarrassed, which is a manifestation of pride. Cut that out.
28. Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” God’s gonna do what He says He’s gonna do because He said He was gonna do it. That’s just who He is, so don’t you worry ’bout a thing. God’s got it.